Employer: Sign Language Interpreting Service
Job Title: Manager
Primary Location: Tallaght
The Board of Directors of the Company and reporting to the Chairperson or his / her nominee on a day to day basis.
Purpose of the job:
The Manager will work with the Board of SLIS to promote, represent, advocate and ensure the availability of a quality interpretation services to Deaf people in Ireland through the implementation and further development of their national strategy.
The Manager of SLIS will motivate and manage the SLIS team to ensure the delivery of a quality service.
· Develop (and periodically review) a strategy for the delivery and ongoing development of the SLIS in conjunction with the Board of SLIS and the Citizens Information Board. The strategy development process should involve consultation both internally and externally.
· Develop and manage, in conjunction with the Board of SLIS, the strategy implementation process, and the annual operational plans and budgets.
· Manage the effective deployment of resources and budgets in order to achieve the overall targets under his/her responsibility.
· Promote and advocate for the rights of Deaf people to equity of access to state services.
· Promote and advocate for the right to high quality interpreting services- particularly in relation to the interaction of Deaf people with state agencies and services.
· Promote best practice in the field of sign language interpreting including the introduction of a registration/accreditation system.
· Develop an interactive website and actively facilitate the introduction of new technologies with the potential to improve the quality of access and interaction for Deaf people with public and essential services.
· Develop potential options to ensure optimal delivery of an emergency sign language interpreting service.
· Proactively develop the SLIS’s linkages and position with relevant groups, stakeholders and associations in the voluntary and statutory sectors.
- Oversee SLIS’s role in the piloting, development and roll-out of a technology-enabled remote interpreting service.
- Establish and maintain proper management information systems and financial & funding procedures.
- Oversee the management of the SLIS’s property, possessions and materials.
- Keep minutes and other relevant records for meetings of the Board and its committees and manage the Board’s administrative arrangements.
- Represent and promote the organisation, attend and participate at conferences and seminars as required.
- Participate in training and development programmes/courses to maintain and improve performance and to assist in identifying self training and support needs, including Irish Sign Language, if required.
· Undertake such other duties as may be agreed from time to time with the Board of SLIS.